Typically, there comes a time in a couple’s life when one partner begins to decline and the other carries the burden of care. Over time, this burden becomes stressful and even overwhelming as the healthier spouse ages. Finally, it simply becomes more than the healthy one can provide. Couples then face the difficult decision of whether to move one or both of them to a nursing home or other facility. Along with the anxiety and undesirability of that option, they must also consider the financial impact.
Many couples in this situation have benefited from caregiver assistance in their own homes. This option is attractive for the following reasons:
- Couples can remain together
- Reduces stress on the healthier spouse and other family members
- They are in the comfort and familiarity of their own home and neighborhood
- The trauma of relocation is circumvented
- It is more affordable than facility care
- Couples experience more dignity and peace of mind
Pin Oak Caregivers bridges the gap between the initial loss of independence and the time when it is not viable under any circumstances to stay at home. In short, we extend the time couples can remain together at home for as long as possible. Our caregivers perform the whole range of services for couples as we do for individuals.
See Service Details for a complete description.